The California Air Resources Board (CARB) enforces a set of air pollution regulations affecting all types of diesel vehicles and equipment operating in the State.
Truck owners and operators, as well as brokers, dispatchers, and fleet managers, are all responsible for complying with these regulations.
This course reviews the inspection process, discusses the consequences of non-compliance, and explains how to comply with the following programs/regulations:
Optional Topics -
- Heavy-Duty Diesel Vehicle Inspections
- Periodic Smoke Inspection Program
- Commercial Vehicle and School Bus Idling
- Truck and Bus Regulation
- Tractor Trailer Greenhouse Gas Regulation
- Transport Refrigeration Unit ATCM
- Drayage Truck Regulation
- Public Agency and Utilities, Public Transit Agency, Solid Waste Vehicle Regulations
- Off-Road Regulation
|Note: Course #520 does not cover cargo handling equipment, marine vessels, locomotives, portable engines/equipment
(see Course #302), or stationary engines (see Course #271). If you are interested in compliance training for any of these,
please click the course link or contact the Course #520 coordinator.|
The class schedule is periodically updated; please check back for changes and additional sessions.
If you are interested in hosting this course, please contact the course coordinator.